From: email@example.com (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 03/13/96
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 96 10:12:05 CST
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 9:36pm by the Captain, Paul Mulka.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Paul Mulka (Captain)
- Monica Prorok
- Seth Robison (First Officer)
- Ward Ryder
- Don Wood (CMO)
The minutes from the previous meeting were summarized
and approved as corrected.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- A Clockwork Orange was out, so Logan's
Run was shown instead.
- No movie this Sunday or next, due to Spring Break. The next movie
will be announced at the next meeting.
- Robert Ray will know for sure by the end of April whether or not
he'll be back.
- Correction to the Psidebar: Jay Johnson will not be
- Activities Fair: start thinking about it early. It is the Monday or
Tuesday before classes start in the Fall. Try getting a TV and
showing Sci-Fi episodes or clips or the like. Possibly have a list
of movies we've watched. Wear the T-Shirts (if they exist!).
- Asked the freshmen for a copy of the "poster" that was in the
Freshman Notebooks this year.
- The Psi Phi Federation
Charter ready for vote: 7 for (1 by proxy), 0 against, 2
[By declaration of the Captain, because abstentions are equivalent
to not being there to vote at all, it was declared to be a unanimous
approval, though the abstainees were not so sure that it should be
The Charter was then signed by the Senior Officers of Bradley Psi Phi,
thus establishing the Psi Phi Federation!
- Official contact will again be made with Psi Phi Literary
Society of the University of
Alberta, Canada, and Psi
Phi of University of
- Not Present.
- David passed along the report: Eric and Brad will not likely be making
to any more meetings, due to Physics and E.E. labs on Thursdays; Nate
still works on Wednesday nights. Therefore, none of the committee
will be here any more. Seth has now joined the committee, as a
meeting-attending liaison, with the First Officer's implicit approval.
- Erinn: We need to do whatever it takes to get the T-Shirts done
by the end of this semester.
- Vote: Blue lettering, with white comet: 8 for, 0 against,
0 abstaining. Unanimous.
- Final design: Psi Phi symbol on front pocket, in Deep Sky Blue.
"Science Fiction's Last, Best Hope..." in Deep Sky Blue with White
comet, on a Black T-Shirt.
- There is a T-Shirt shop right on Main St.
Chief of Operations:
- Created mailing lists for info on the Deep Space Nine and Voyager web-pages, and web pages
describing those lists.
- Nicole Novak of eTV on CompuServe will post some of
our Voyager information there, with permission.
- Officer Webpages: there is a location
for each officer to have a webpage with information about the position
and the person holding the position. The Chief of Operations and Communications Officer both already
make use of theirs. If the Officers have information they would like
included, contact the Chief or Comm. Off., preferably with the
information already in HTML.
- The current balance is $86.77.
- Will once again try contacting Nate, to see if he can get his dues
in before the Spring Break deadline.
Grand Nagus, Take 2:
- Reminded the Grand Nagus to search for Spring 1995 financial records,
to confirm the status of David Rowe. The Nagus suggested checking
minutes from that semester to see if any names of those who had paid
- Ward asked for reimbursement.
- Final SABRC report likely this semester: After talking with our SABRC
advisor Mike Delaney on Thursday, it has been discovered that we are
not likely to get funding for a club VCR because it will not benefit
the student body as a whole. He suggested we try getting a VCR
each week through A/V.
- No Report.
- David: forgot to bring the mail. But included in the mail was an
announcement that came either late Monday night or on Tuesday to
"remind" us to come early for the Robert Hastings talk to help set
up; unfortunately, the reminder came a bit late.
- Cyberdesic: Has changed
location, making personal visits by David much less convenient. All
further communications will likely be via phone or e-mail. No new
- Are Alumni Members eligible for running for office for a semester in
which they will be back? Robert Ray would appreciate being able to
at least run; let the vote decide whether or not they actually take
office. Vote to allow Alumni to run: 4 for, 4 against, 0 abstaining.
We will try to vote again next time.
- Muppet Show: it was on tape, but the tape disappeared. However,
"Pigs in Space: Deep Dish Nine" was not on last week; it will begin
this week, with a special guest appearance of Leonard
- Kindred: The Embraced--a speculative fiction show--will come to
Fox as a Tuesday Movie
on April 2nd, and will begin it's weekly episodes on Wednesday,
April 3rd, at 8 Central.
- Michael York (star of Logan's
Run) will be a guest on the upcoming Babylon 5 episode
Delivery from Avalon".
- DS9 should begin second-run
syndication (i.e., daily repeats of old episodes) this Fall.
- Season confusion:
- Voyager will film a total of
26 episodes for "this
season", yet, due to the four holdovers from the first season, the last
four will be delayed until August or September. Since the
producers actually knew that there would be another holdover,
last episode shown
this spring will be somewhat of a cliffhanger.
- Babylon 5
will have it's last three episodes held over until September
or October, but are still part of the third
- Erinn: Ethan
Phillips (Neelix) was on a Chicago Hope episode on Monday.
- Seth: Asked for sighting confirmation: was Ethan the cop in The
Shadow? There were also some other unconfirmed sightings in
- David: Andrea
Thompson (Talia from Babylon 5) will play a recurring
character on JAG (NBC, Wednesday 7pm Central).
The meeting was adjourned at 10:27pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /