From: email@example.com (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 04/10/96
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 96 10:33:59 CDT
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 9:35pm by the Captain, Paul Mulka.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Paul Mulka (Captain)
- Seth Robison (First Officer)
- Ward Ryder
- Rich Spiwak
- Don Wood (CMO)
- [Late Arrival] Tammy Farrington
The minutes from the previous meeting were summarized
- "I'm going to get the movie
this week!" Friday morning, to be more
precise, so that hopefully it will be in. If not, you'll once again
be surprised with some other movie.
[Late Arrival of Tammy]
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- "Recruited" Nate Sullivan to pay dues. (Also paid for a T-Shirt.)
- Alumni may vote for Federation positions by proxy. To accommodate
all Alumni and make it fair, nominations will be held this week,
and elections next week. The nominations are:
- Universal President: Robert Ray, Seth Robison.
- Universal Vice President: Peter C. Jones, Rich Spiwak.
- Universal Treasurer: Erinn Lineback, Joe Grabowski (if he
accepts the nomination).
- Chief Engineer: David Henderson, Matt Detzler (if he
accepts the nomination).
- Sector 001 Representative: Peter C. Jones, Robert Ray
[*], Seth Robison, Don Wood, Rich Spiwak.
[Note: Ward nominated himself, then declined the nomination. I
think the transporter malfunction last week affected him.]
- [*] Unfortunately, the Charter specifies that Representatives
must be Active
Members of a Sector, so Alumni cannot run for Representative.
Therefore Robert Ray's nomination for that position is void. Sorry.
- Peter will be getting in touch with those who have not yet accepted
their nominations. After that is accomplished, he will e-mail
Alumni with the list of nominees, asking for their proxy votes.
- T-Shirt money: $168 total is needed to order 12 shirts (the minimum
order), of which $48 will come from the Treasury. Eight people
have paid the full $10 (David H., Peter, Erinn, Justin, Seth, Nate,
Tammy, and Ward); one has made a $1 deposit (Rich); one's check is
in the mail (Robert Ray). The order will be placed as soon as the
requisite $168 is obtained.
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $87.77. It will go down once the
T-Shirt money has been removed.
- Mail: reminder of International Night. The Kolb Lecture tomorrow,
April 11, 1996, at 3:30pm in Olin Hall Room 181 will be a
discussion on "Chemistry and Science Fiction of Jules Verne". Go
- CyberDesic: nothing new.
Since David has no transportation, David doubts anything will come
of this situation until the Fall, and then only if a Psi Phi Member
has transportation. (It was suggested that a Psi Phi member be
- Party: Pizza! (Hand-tossed, stuffed crust.) The Tuesday before
Study Day. That night's
DS9 will be new, so work it into the party.
- Activities Fair: nothing new.
- Ward: We need to think about a group going to see a
Thanksgiving-release movie next semester (Star Trek: Generations II is a current
- Rich: Star Trek VI will be on NBC on Sunday night!
- David: Sliders
will not be on the next two weeks. Space: Above and Beyond will be
shown in Sliders normal time slot (Friday: 8/7c), rather than in
it's normal Sunday slot.
- David: Beware of Babylon 5 promos for next week's
episode: the promos apparently have major spoilers.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:20pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /