From: David Henderson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 04/17/96
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 02:57:06 -0500 (CDT)
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Operations]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 9:36pm by the Captain, Paul Mulka.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
There were 10 members in attendance.
- Tammy Farrington
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Paul Mulka (Captain)
- Seth Robison (First Officer)
- Rich Spiwak
- Don Wood (CMO)
- [Late Arrival] Monica Prorok
- [Late Arrival] Ward Ryder
The minutes from the previous meeting were summarized
- Not sure of the movie for this week. Looked into getting Dark
Star but didn't find it.
- Seth suggested "Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension".
- Erinn noted that "Masters of the Universe" should be shown some time this semester.
was also suggested--it stars Jane
Fonda. It's got bad (meant in a good way, of course) music,
fx, and story. It's PG-rated, but some portions might not be
suitable for all audience members. It was also noted that the
band "Duran Duran" got its name from this movie,
from the character that Ms. Fonda was trying to catch.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- Robert Ray asked if he could join: No.
- Side issue brought up about this: Committees aren't mentioned in
the Constitution anywhere; they probably should be.
- E-mail from Phoenix: Contact has been made to Arizona State University and the
United Federation of Phoenix. ASU responded
asking for info, which was given. UFP: no response yet.
- Nominees who accepted nominations were:
- Universal President: Robert Ray and Seth
- Universal Vice President: Peter and Rich
- Universal Treasurer: Erinn
- Chief Engineer: David
- Representative: Peter, Seth, Rich, and Don
- Voting was taken by ballots, made by the Committee Chairman.
- The winners were:
- Representative: Seth Robison
- Chief Engineer: David Henderson
- Universal Treasurer: Erinn Lineback
- Universal Vice President: Peter C. Jones
- Universal President: Seth Robison (by a very small margin)
- Erinn discovered that Screening SpecialTees, the T-Shirt place from
which we were planning on getting them, is going out of business.
- David noted that FBN
Graphics, the company sponsoring the Rules of Netquisition contest
(the winner gets a mug), also does T-Shirts. He'll look into
contacting them for price, shipping, etc.
Chief of Operations:
- Rules of Netquisition contest has gotten 30ish votes thus far.
- Officer web pages: Seth Robison has added text to the First Officer's area.
- Erinn has been doing some balancing acts, figuring in costs and
income such as Nate's dues, Ward's movie payments, and pizza costs
from movies. The result: We have $89.77.
- What's that 77¢ doing there? Various possibilities were
discussed: pizza payments, tacks, interest, 23¢ of
- "I apologize for not being here."
- Spoke with Special Agent Greg Spencer of the FBI, who claimed
there's no such thing as X-Files. Yeah, right. We believe
- No mail; ergo, no report.
- CyberDesic: nothing new.
Seems like they want to meet personally but that won't happen due
to lack of transportation. Hopefully they can work with just E-mail.
- Activities Fair: Nothing from the Student Activities
Office yet, but they'll probably get something over the next week
or so. Also, David's looking for someone's VCR (or possibly
combo-VCR/TV, hint, hint) to use in combination with Peter's
(presuming quite a bit that Peter will let him use it) to prepare a
montage of clips. Erinn said maybe, and Paul offered the use of
his as backup.
- Seth notes that he's got a Morn Database off
his web page. It is also listed in the DS9 Universe section of the
DS9 web page.
- Deep Space Nine's season
finale will be shown the week of June 16.
- Voyager's season finale
will be shown on May 20 on UPN stations. This will be just after
finals end, so be sure to check for the correct time and channel in
Barrett Roddenberry has co-written an upcoming DS9 episode
which also stars her as Lwaxana Troi. Some thought the episode
would likely be bad, but others had hopes that Mrs. Roddenberry
would give more care to her character than other writers.
- In that same episode of DS9,
Ansara will guest star. He played Kang the Klingon in DS9's
episode "Blood Oath", as well as
TOS's episode "Day of the Dove".
The meeting was adjourned at 10:17pm.
Psi Phi /