From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 05/01/96
Date: Thu, 2 May 96 10:24:56 CDT
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 9:40pm by the Captain, Paul Mulka.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Tammy Farrington
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Paul Mulka (Captain)
- Monica Prorok
- Seth Robison (First Officer)
- Don Wood (CMO)
- [Late Arrival] Justin Philbrook
- [Late Arrival] Ward Ryder
The minutes from the previous meeting were summarized
and approved as corrected.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- The movie was
Transformers: The Movie
- Ward and Justin should have a list of possible party movies.
- Ward will be picking this week's movie.
- Robert Ray will receive confirmation of his return-status
by May 8, possibly in time to let us know before our meeting,
- Yesterday, 12 T-Shirts were ordered, and should be ready by May 9!
Seth and Erinn will be delivery-people. They'll probably ship
to the external orders.
Universal Assembly Representative Report:
Chief of Operations:
- The Rules of Netquisition
Contest went well. Approximately 40 votes were received.
Congratulations to the winner, David Willey, who had two of
his rules tie for first place! He will receive a mug with
one or both of the winning rules imprinted upon it. To see
the winning rules, check out the winners
page. You can also view all the rules
submitted for this contest. The next Rules of Netquisition Contest
will be either next Fall or next Spring.
- The Grand Nagus now has her
Officer Webpage with info. Still need info
from a couple Officers.
- Now has a Star
Trek Movie Information site. (Actually, it's been there for a
while now, but it's now grown enough to be worth mentioning.)
It is currently only indirectly linked through the DS9/Voy
rumors pages to the movie rumors
page to the movie main page. And, as per
the other information sites, the movie site has an update mailing list.
- After T-Shirts with lots of tax, $47.04. Owe Justin $2 for movies,
after which we'll have $45.04 left.
- Party Cost: The treasury cannot fully support this semester's party.
Be prepared to chip in $2-3 for the pizza, pop, and movies.
- Matt Detzler got as close as my whiteboard to signing the
Psi Phi Log...
we'll give him credit for trying, if he's not successful.
- No Report. [Colorful Metaphor Deleted.]
[Late Arrivals: Justin, then soon after him Ward.]
- Yet Another Nothing New for CyberDesic.
- Activities Fair: David will receive information this summer.
- Party: Conflict with fraternity and sorority good-bye meetings.
After trying some time rescheduling, it was decided to keep the
Party started at 9 with DS9 (unless DS9 will start
at another time: check local listings). We'll see what happens
when it happens. Monica will reserve the Heitz TV Room for 7pm
until really late for Tuesday, May 7.
- Justin: Princess
Bride showing with Fencing Club on Study Day: we'll need our
Advisor's signature to get the projection TV and other stuff. Justin
and Seth will take care of the arrangements.
- Party wrap-up: Order pizza a couple times during the party, so we
don't run out too quickly.
- Ward has declared a major: English. [Comm. Off. Note: What relevance
this has to Psi Phi or Sci-Fi is beyond me.]
- David: Bester (Walter Koenig)
will be on Babylon 5
- David: Dr. Who will be on Fox on Tuesday, May 14.
- Captain: Paul and Ward nominated. Congratulations Paul.
- First Officer: Seth. Congratulations Seth.
- Communications Officer: Peter nominated.
- Grand Nagus: Erinn nominated. Congratulations Erinn.
- Chief of Operations: David and Don nominated.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:24pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /