From: firstname.lastname@example.org (David Henderson)
Subject: PseudoMeeting PseudoMinutes 05/08/96
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 14:53:06 -0500 (CDT)
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Operations]
Call To Order:
The pseudomeeting was called to order at 9:41pmpm by the Captain, Paul Mulka.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Erinn, and
- (Then Ward came in late)
- (And Peter was assimilated by the Borg)
The minutes from the previous meeting were thought
about and approved.
[Ward came in and sat down. Everyone stared at him, then...]
- T-Shirts will be ready tomorrow; someone other than Seth needs to
go get 'em. Erinn will drag someone with. Shipping to non-Bradley
members will be dealt with.
Movie Committee, Take Two:
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- The movies got done at around 5:00am on Wednesday morning (known to
some as Tuesday late, late, late night).
- No info about Robert Ray's return.
- Got freshman binder flyer-thing done; passed around to oohs and aahs.
Universal Assembly Representative Report:
- There's some "legislature" in the pipeline, but the Assembly is
still considering it.
Chief of Operations:
- The Chief of Operations and Captain have both gotten in their
letters for their respective web pages. The Captain's is highly
- The Psi Phi pages were awarded as one of the Shakaar Society's
Top Five Web Sites for the month of May. Other winners were the
Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5, the Sliders FAQ, the Spoiler-Free
Opinion Survey, and an X-Files site. We also got a cool graphic.
Wait, did I just use the word "cool"? [Yes, you did, Dave]--Ward.
Wait, did Ward just use the word "Dave" in reference to the Chief
- After misuse of the English language ceased [see point two], the
rest of the report continued.
- The episode links for Deep Space Nine and Voyager in the Spoiler-Free
Opinion Survey have been changed from Vidiot's Site to Psi Phi's.
The primary reasons were that Psi Phi's pages don't use huge
background images or layout-"enforcing" tables, and that they
have more information than just guest stars and brief descriptions.
- There's $21.50 left in the treasury after $23.54 was spent on
Tuesday's party. More people showed up than were expected.
- The freshman binder flyer duplication (for 1100 pages!) would
have cost quite a bit as we don't have a Swords account, and the
2.1¢/page price is only given for those. However, the Chief
contacted David Fry of the College Libertarians and we were allowed
to use their account. David H.'s price was $27.00, but $3.90 of
that was a "tip", so he is owed $23.10. As that is more than the
current balance, it was decided that $18.10 of the money would be
paid next semester and that his dues (for next semester) would be
counted as paid.
- Ward is owed $8.00 for movies. A similar deal was struck with him:
$3.00 would be paid to him after the meeting and his dues for next
semester would be counted as paid.
- He was assimilated by the Borg. Oops.
- nothing (or "Nothing" as corrected) from CyberDesic.
- Activities Fair: Erinn'll work on a video-clip thing; the Fair
was advertised on the freshman flyer; David'll bring lots of
handouts (that can actually be handed out, even!).
- The party was nifty.
- Discussed DS9 and Voyager.
- Dr. Who will be on Tuesday.
- [Peter may not kill David.] -- Not in the meeting per se.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:11pm.
Somewhere around 10:19pm, as the officers were in the turbolift, it
was mentioned that the office keys needed to be returned to Macmillan.
While exiting the turbolift, several members discovered the Communications
Officer recovering from assimilation.
Psi Phi /