[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 9:36pm by the Captain, Seth Robison.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
There were 11 attendees.
- Jeff Cavanaugh
- Jon C. Dickmann
- Roger Grunkemeyer
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Kevin Kerr
- Erinn B. Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Steven Noto (Communications Officer)
- Justin Philbrook (First Officer)
- Seth Robison (Captain)
- Guest: Jennifer Toal
- [Late Arrival] Paul Mick
The minutes from the previous meeting were
summarized and approved.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- The movie committee will meet after the meeting to discuss this
- Committee members are: Seth, Justin, Erinn, and Jeff.
- Jeff promised a continuing series of cheesy scifi movies for the year.
- The R&R committee will meet after the meeting to decide on its
- Committee members are: David, Roger, Jeff, and (unofficially) Justin.
- David is no longer an alumni member, and is the first to regain
active status after becoming an alumni.
- Committee members are: Jeff, Erinn, Paul Mick, and Jon.
- Dues ($5) will be due next meeting.
Universal Assembly Representative Report:
- Will be sending out a "Welcome back to school" message.
- Elections for a new representative will be discussed at the next meeting.
- The member list and other information will be updated soon.
- The minutes and attendance will be available on the web even sooner.
- Clarification: The Chief of Operations maintains all of the web
documents except for the minutes and attendance.
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $80.00 after Activity Fair expenses.
- Dues ($5) will be collected at the next meeting.
- Legends of the Ferengi is being donated to the
library through the Nagus.
- Psi Phi's website
has been receiving over 100,000 hits every week over the summer,
which makes up over 45% of all off-campus Bradley hits. The site
has also received several web awards.
- The Psi Phi discussion areas through Interlabs are also very active.
- The DS9
web pages have been reorganized into lists, and the Voyager pages
will be reorganized soon.
- The official Psi Phi ice chest is still in Erinn's closet, but
will soon come "out of the closet" and be kept in the office.
- Psi Phi committees will be organized soon.
- Extra posters from the Activities Fair may be posted around campus.
- Justin will accept ideas for Away Missions to see movies.
- A $66.35 check for David for web advertisements, of which
$33.17 1/2 may go to the treasury.
- A receipt from our room reservation form.
- A receipt from our Student Organization Registration form.
- A letter from Pizza Hut
regarding a discount for ordering 8 pizzas, for our end of the
- Justin was our summer contact person.
- There was no clip video for the Activities Fair, but scifi movies
were shown instead.
- Unfortunately, Psi Phi didn't have flyers in the Freshmen
orientation binders, and is not mentioned in the Student Handbook.
- The Activites Fair was a great success, with many flyers handed out.
- Justin, Erinn, Courtney, and Pedro will all be joining Psi Phi,
and their house may become a pseudo-Psi Phi House.
- Justin had an idea for fundraising by selling art, and will
supervise any related developments.
- Lars will be in Europe this semester.
- David had much scifi spoiler information, which is all available
through Psi Phi's site's rumor
- David was officially welcomed back, and thanked for his wealth of
scifi knowledge and web page expertise.
- David reported that the move of Psi Phi material to www.trekworld.com flopped because
they went offline for three weeks. The site is back, but will simply
mirror our material.
- We have Meeting Room 3 reserved for the semester, but may move to
6 since it is larger.
- The Harper/Wyc[k]off TV room reserve form needs to be renewed.
- We should have snacks and soda for the next meeting, hopefully in
Meeting Room 6.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:25pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /