[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 10:04pm by the Captain, Seth Robison.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
There were 12 attendees.
- Jeff Cavanaugh
- Roger Grunkemeyer
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Erinn B. Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Paul Mick
- Mark Monastyrski
- Steven Noto (Communications Officer)
- Joel Oberdieck
- Justin Philbrook (First Officer)
- Seth Robison (Captain)
- C. Adam Scott
- Guest: Jennifer Toal
The minutes from the previous meeting were
summarized and approved.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- Due to technical difficulties, there was no movie this week.
- The movie for this week is unknown so far, but we may watch it at Justin's house at 2:30 on Saturday. Email from him with directions will be forthcoming.
Universal Assembly Representative Report:
- Larry French, who has expressed interest in joining the Psi Phi Federation, will be considered for admission as an outpost. Our representative will vote "yes" for his admission.
- Nominations for this year's Universal Assembly Representative were held: Seth and Justin were nominated. Elections will be next week.
Chief of Operations:
- October's winners of the Psi Phi Star Trek Web Award have been chosen. They are primarily DS9 sites, due to the fact that DS9 is starting up this month.
- The current balance is $168.13.
- National Alcohol Awareness Week is approaching, and the form for remembering those who have died to to alcohol or drug-related reasons is due Monday. Suggestions can still be sent to Seth at tron@rhf.
- Bradley's Homecoming is coming up, but the only event that we could participate in (without spending money and with a hope of achieving in) is a soccer tournament, which we cannot field a team for.
- The deadline on proposals for the Bradley Centennial time capsule has been extended. The capsule will be buried on Founder's Day.
- Independently of our own efforts to show the Star Wars: Special Edition films, MCS has made plans to show the movies on the three Tuesdays following Fall Break. We are invited to participate in watching the movies, but they brought up the point that showing the movies publicly even without charging admission is illegal unless we pay royalty fees. So after the legal issues die down, perhaps next semester, we will have a large public showing of the Star Wars movies to show the whole campus that Psi Phi is science fiction's last, best hope.
- The weekly DS9 repeats, along with the daily DS9 reruns, seem to be gone, replaced by baseball and NYPD Blue for now.
- Next week's new DS9 will be Tuesday at 9, also due to baseball.
- Bradley M. Look (a Star Trek: First Contact makeup person) will be demonstrating Star Trek makeup in Normal, IL on Saturday. David will be attending and will have a mini-report for any who are interested.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:36pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /