[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 10:05pm by the Captain, Seth Robison.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
There were 12 attendees.
- Jeff Cavanaugh
- Phillip Dawson
- Roger Grunkemeyer
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Erinn B. Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Steven Noto (Communications Officer)
- Justin Philbrook (First Officer)
- Seth Robison (Captain)
- C. Adam Scott
- Guest: Jon Dickmann
- Guest: Chris Paluch
- Guest: Jennifer Toal
The minutes from the previous meeting were
summarized and approved.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- Information on the movie for this week will be emailed out when it is known.
- Based on the attendence of the next movie of the week (Saturday at 2 in the Heitz TV room), we will see if we want to keep having weekly movies or only biweekly or monthly ones.
- We may have a showing of the 4-hour version of The Abyss during the last week of classes.
Universal Assembly Representative Report:
- All of the previous Universal Assembly Officers have been re-elected.
Chief of Operations:
- InterLabs may be creating a newsgroup feature on their system, which Psi Phi may be able to use.
- The current balance is $143.56.
- Jeff will be reimbursed for his generous purchases of the weekly movies.
- Psi Phi will receive part of the profits generated from purchases of books from Amazon.com (such as the new hardbound Star Trek Encyclopedia, regularly $50 but only $35 through our page) through our webpage.
- The away mission to see Starship Troopers went very well.
- No report; only junk mail.
- The Bradley Scout's coverage of the College Bowl was terribly incomplete, in that it mentioned all of the competing teams except ours. The Communications Officer will draft a letter to the Editor in the wake of this outrage, which will be mailed out over email before being submitted.
- The Wycoff TV room was closed last week from Thursday to Sunday, due to repairs of some nature.
- The new TV Guide features coverage of the X-files this week.
- It has been noted that recent DS9 episodes have some parallels to biblical stories, especially those of Moses and the Exodus. In a recent internet chat, Ron Moore (coexecutive producer of DS9 and the writer of the last episode) did admit that Moses's character influenced Sisko's, and that there are more parallels to come.
- January 28th's episode of DS9 will be "Who Mourns for Morn," and later episodes will include "The Magnificent Ferengi," "Waltz," and "One Little Ship."
- A mid-March episode of Babylon 5 will feature Rebo and Zooty, portrayed by Penn and Teller, and will be written by Nail Gaiman.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:36pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /