[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 10:12pm by the Captain, Seth Robison.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
There were 11 attendees.
- Meg Callender
- Jeff Cavanaugh (Grand Nagus)
- Phillip Dawson
- Roger Grunkemeyer
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Steven Noto (Communications Officer)
- Joel Oberdieck
- Monica Prorok
- Seth Robison (Captain)
- Ward Ryder
- C. Adam Scott
The minutes from the previous meeting were summarized and approved.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- There will be no more weekly movies this semester.
- Email your end-of-the-year party movie suggestions to Ward at email@example.com
- Huge amounts of recruiting will be done next semester- see old business.
Universal Assembly Representative Report:
Chief of Operations:
- The minutes have been typed up and are on the web, but the email list is having problems. You can read the minutes on the web, though. However, there is no way for you to know this without knowing that these minutes are on the web so you can go check them.
- The bylaw to the constitution which allows non-Bradley-student membership will be written up.
- The Psi Phi discussion area on the web is being used. Go us!
- The current balance has not changed.
- About $40 from Amazon.com will be coming in at the next meeting.
- No report, no mail that was retreived in time for any of the information to be accurate or relevant.
- More delayed applause was given to Joel for answering the sudden-death question which allowed Psi Phi to win the College Bowl!
- For the end-of-the-year party, we are looking into the Geisert basement or somewhere else. (NOTE TO SETH: GET THE PROJECTOR)
- Suggestions to boost membership were discussed:
- Preparing the semester well in advance, including meetings and weekly movies
- Recruiting new officers from the new students
- Limiting officers' terms
- Streamlining the meetings
- Not leaving out the Freshmen
- Encouraging a more active in the student body Recruitment and Relations Officer
- Coupling the meeting with a DS9 or Voyager viewing
- Getting Neumiller Lecture Hall for the meetings
- Putting the Sci-fi back in Psi Phi!!!
- The next TV Guide will have an article on the B5 finale.
- Someone (David) will tape the B5 episode (the finale), and we (Psi Phi) will get together before the next meeting (December 2). Watch for emails with details.
- By the way, no meeting next week (Thanksgiving Break!).
- Due to our large and growing treasury, we may consider lowering dues, getting more food and beverages, or giving the officers salaries. :)
- Nominations for next semester will come up after Fall Break.
- A movie trailer for the new Star Wars movie (Episode I: the Phantom Menace) is out in movie theatres and at www.starwars.com.
- The next Voyager will be the 100th episode, directed by LeVar Burton.
- The next DS9 will feature Bill Mumy (Lennier, Will Robinson)
- New episodes of Sliders begin in two weeks.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:41pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /