[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 10:08pm by the Captain, Seth Robison.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
There were 16 attendees.
- Jeff Cavanaugh
- Meg Callender
- Phillip Dawson
- Jon Dickmann
- Roger Grunkemeyer
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Erinn B. Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Paul Mick
- Mark Monastyrski
- Steven Noto (Communications Officer)
- Joel Oberdieck
- Seth Robison (Captain)
- C. Adam Scott
- Guest: Chris Paluch
- Alumni: Monica Prorok
- Late: Justin Philbrook (First Officer)
The minutes from the previous meeting were
summarized and approved.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- The movie for this week will be a surprise movie, held at 2 on Saturday in Heitz.
- Alumni member Monica Prook is present.
- No report. Eventually a new chair will be appointed so there will be reports or at least someone to say "No report" in person.
Universal Assembly Representative Report:
- If anyone has any concerns or suggestions to raise on the floor of the Assembly, just let Justin know.
Chief of Operations:
- The Psi Phi Loan Library has been updated and expanded to accomodate Phillip's 150+ books available for loan.
- A Peoria-dwelling college grad contacted us Asking if he could watch scifi with us- he's new to the area. It was agreed that he can join us ig he likes.
- A check for $53.90 came from Commonwealth for our old web ads in their name. $26.95 will be put in the Psi Phi treasury soon.
- psiphi.org will be up in a few weeks, with no setbacks in sight.
- On a side note, Erinn's Tom Paris page (and eventually Seth's Morn Database) may be relocated there.
- The current balance is $78.56.
- $5 Dues can be paid next week, Jon is currently the only member paid for.
- There may be an away mission to go see Lost in Space whenever it comes out.
- Meeting Room 6 has been reserved for us all semester.
- The Multi-Cultural Job Fair needs volunteers.
- We received a package from Pocket Books, specifically from Simon and Schuster's Star Trek Team. It was a "Thank you" package full of goodies to thank us for promoting Star Trek and science fiction. Included were the Star Trek Encyclopedia (book and CD forms), the Captain's Chair VR Tour of Star Trek's bridges, and an audio tape of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "The Lost World" with voices by many Star Trek actors. All these items will be added to the Psi Phi Library.
- The new Star Trek: TNG movie will debut on November 20th, and it will not (as previously thought) feature Q.
- The B5 prequel movie and pilot received excellent ratings, and David and Jon have access to tapes if anyone would like to borrow them.
- B5's new episodes are Wednesday at 9 on TNT, and it re-runs Saturday at 6.
- B5's Captain Lockely (Tracy Scoggins) will be in TNT's Superbowl Blimp to promote B5.
- DS9's new episodes are also Wednesday at 9, and it re-runs Saturday at 2am
- A February DS9 episode will feature Dukat, Martok, Nogg, and Weyoun out of makeup as human cameos, and other main actors may appear as well.
- Sliders will begin airing in the Scifi channel in March.
- The X Files episodes by Stephen King and William Gibson will show in February.
- Marvel's line of Star Trek comics will stop in May due to financial difficulties, DC or Dark Horse may pick up the series. On the other hand, a B5 comic line will begin monthly publication soon.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:33pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /