[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:03
There were 13 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- Julie Faas (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Steven Noto (Communications Officer)
- Kenny Albright
- Kate Cavanaugh
- Jon Dickmann
- Carl Murphy
- Aaron Nevitt
- Monica Prorok
- Ward Ryder
- C. Adam Scott
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
- The weekend's movie is scheduled to be the Rocky Horror Picture Show. It should show on Sunday at 2pm.
- No progress yet, but feel free to send ideas to Amy. And come to the meetings or you may be drafted into a committee like this one! :)
Chief of Operations:
- We can hopefully work with ACBU to publicize their weekend showing of Star Wars Episode I. We can sponsor or help with a Scout article, a raffle (maybe donating prizes), a contest, or getting Neumiller Hall for the movie. This would put Psi Phi "on the map" and be really cool.
- Since our website is using more of Cyberdesic's bandwidth than their own site, some of the graphics at www.psiphi.org are being scaled back.
- [Suggestion relating to Cyberdesic's servers stricken from the minutes due to security concerns]
- The current balance is $240.11.
- We received several billion pieces of mail about the Peer Education-sponsored silent auction.
- We also received several hundred mis-delivered Republican Club newsletters. But don't worry about mail fraud; they're being returned to SAO.
- There were 2 Voyager episodes shown this week; future ones are provided by Peter C. Jones, esteemed alumni member. Go Peter!
- Earth: Final Conflict is in new episodes.
- The Star Trek Encyclopedia (4th edition) is now available. If you want a copy, buy it through the psiphi.org bookstore!
- There were several notable discontinuities from Earth: Final Conflict's season finale to the new season premiere.
- Taylons (sp?) are genderless, but are acted exclusively by women.
- We looked at available Scifi cons: There is one on November 25/27 that is doable, in Champaign (2 hours away).
- We will meet in meeting room 2 for the next few weeks.
- We could do a Y2K / End-of-the-world party come December.
- Idea: Psi Phi is less of a club than a collective. The Recruitment and Relations committee should use nanoprobes and nanites to "recruit" new members like the Borg.
- There was a gammar error in Voyager.
Ward's Coffee Report
- By popular report, Ward gave an in-depth analysis of the correct way to obtain coffee from the Student Center vending machines. However, since this is such an artform, it cannot be effectively conveyed in these minutes. Yet another perk of attending meetings! :)
Adjournment: 10:42pm, or so...
Psi Phi Sector 001 /