[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:04pm
There were 17 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- Julie Faas (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Steven Noto (Communications Officer)
- Kenny Albright
- Kate Cavanaugh
- Jon Dickmann
- Amy Lewis
- Carl Murphy
- Aaron Nevitt
- Ward Ryder
- C. Adam Scott
- Dan Sugrue
- Ryan Woodrow
- Guest: Mike
- Guest: Jake
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
(The brand new) Postings Committee:
- Mad Max Thunderdome was shown, and attacted a huge throng of 6 people.
- This Sunday at 2, 2001: A Space Odyssey will be shown.
- Flyers were posted for Psi Phi's activities at the Star Wars movie (see below). Total cost: $3.50.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- Send any ideas to the Psi Phi list or Amy and Julie. Possible slogans:
- "Normalcy is for wimps"
- "42 (it's a scifi thing - you wouldn't get it)"
- Alumni member (First 1st Officer) Robert Ray may be coming back to Bradley in 2000 for his Masters.
Chief of Operations:
- Psi Phi minutes are available on the web, in the midst of an incredible old and out-of-date index. Go to www.psiphi.org - it's much better. :)
- Psi Phi has been declared an Amazon.com Associate of the Week. This means that there is a direct link on their pages - more e-business for us!
- Warning: This is the longest Grand Nagus report in all of recorded history - read at your own risk!
- The current balance is $183.36, after expenses for posters and raffle prizes.
- Speaking of prizes, we have a Star Wars poster and Darth Maul lightsaber for prizes for each Student Center showing of Episode I.
- People will be at each showing to conduct the raffle. You know who you are!
- The grand prize will be a set of Star Wars movie stills, provided by whoever sold Star Wars to ACBU.
- $78.105 will be added to the treasury from Amazon.com. The extra half-cent will be made up for in another half-cent from Amazon.de or Amazon.co.uk.
- A motion was made to have Officer's Salaries. Vote results: all officers for, everyone else against. (Big surprise here...) You're just lucky so many people were here tonight!
- Flyers were posted for the raffles in all the big buildings.
- Bridging the Gap Rally: A celebration of racial unity. Saturday Nov 6, 7-10, SC Ballroom.
- BU Gospel Choir Concert: Sunday Nov 7, 3pm, SC Ballroom.
- Habitat-for-Humanity's Shack-a-thon '99. Wednesday Nov 17 4pm - Nov 18 4pm. Email agorin@bobcat for details.
- A recent TV Guide poll rated Mr. Spock as TV's 3rd most memorable character.
- NBC will be showing a 2-part TV Movieseries, "Leprechauns," Sunday at 8 and Monday at 7.
- New Soundtracks are out: Crusade and Buffy.
- 2 new New Frontier books are out, as are more Trek book covers.
- Jonathan Frakes will be in some sort of TV movie this weekend. It is so far unknown which of his expressions he will be using for the movie: beard or no beard.
- Movie adaptations for the following stories are in planning or production: Ender's Game, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Final Fantasy, the Simpsons, Death Race 2000, Rollerball, Red Sonja, The Invisible Man, and Battlestar Galactica.
- Sequals are in various stages of production for: The Matrix, The Blair Witch Project, Child's Play, Hellraiser, The Stepford Wives, Mad Max, Jumanji, Total Recall, The Mummy, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Terminator, Mission Impossible, Men in Black, Blade, Spawn, Silence of the Lambs, and of course, TRON.
Adjournment: 10:48 +/- 4 pm
Psi Phi Sector 001 /