[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:10pm
There were 16 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- Julie Faas (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Steven Noto (Communications Officer)
- Kenny Albright
- Kate Cavanaugh
- Jon Dickmann
- Amy Lewis
- Aaron Nevitt
- Monica Prorok
- Ward Ryder
- C. Adam Scott
- Charlie Truong
- Ryan Woodrow
- Guest: Mike ?
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
- No more movies of the week until next semester.
- We'll start planning the end-of-the-year party at the next meeting, which is in two weeks. Please email suggestions for movies to watch to the list!
- The party will probably be in the Geisert basement as usual; people will have to reserve it and projection equipment, and get food.
- We voted on the quote for the T-shirt: we'll be using a quote from Douglas Adams that escapes me at the moment. But it was an unanimous vote, so it must have been good. :)
- The shirts will be about $8.50 each for a white-on-black T-shirt. If you or anyone (in Psi Phi or not) wants one, email Julie (jfaas@bobcat).
- We'll be looking into selling our shirts to others, and even online. See the emails from Julie to the Psi Phi list.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- Recently, Decipher (makers of Star Wars, Star Trek, and Young Jedi CCG's) acquired the rights to all 9 Star Trek movies, and the original series. Expect more cards in this direction...
- Also recently, Wizards of the Coast (makers of Magic the Gathering and translators of the Pokemon CCG) was bought out by Hasbro.
Chief of Operations:
- We got an image banner from MCS, that might go up on the website.
- The current balance is $261.46.
- Other than suspicions of "turning into an optimist," no report.
- Joel was invited to the Bradley presidential round table.
- Mail from the Psychology Dept. of U of Southern Mississippi. Mixup in the mail room?
- An ad for Alpha Phi Omega for volunteer work.
- Mail from Phi Sigma Sigma; they're selling greeting cards this week.
- Mail about Up Till Dawn (March 2000), which benefits St. Jude children's Hospital.
- A new Star Trek computer game, Hidden Evil, is out. It's an action game set after Insurrection. If you're interested, order it through www.psiphi.org.
- Y2K: the movie will be on NBC on Sunday.
- Spaghettio's are now Y2K compliant (They added a "2"). However, Lifesaver's Pineapple flavor is not!
- Lotsa books are coming out: The Lives of Dax, ST: Badlands 1&2, Spock vs. Q (audiobook), ST New Worlds New Civilizations (art book), and The Incredible Internet Guide for Trekkers (Psi Phi is mentioned inside!).
- We discussed technobabble in ST episodes. Look out behind you - tachyons!
- WYZZ shows ST:TNG reruns at midnight on Sundays.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /