[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 10:05pm by the Captain, Seth Robison.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
There were 11 attendees.
- Meg Callender
- Phillip Dawson
- Roger Grunkemeyer (Grand Nagus)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Steven Noto (Communications Officer)
- Joel Oberdieck (First Officer)
- Justin Philbrook
- Seth Robison (Captain)
- Ward Ryder
- C. Adam Scott
- Previous Member: Bob Schmanski
The minutes from the previous meeting were not read.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- No movie this weekend.
- This semester, the Movie Committee will try to plan movies in advance, publicize them, and keep track of attendence.
- Activities Fairs may or may not be coming up. We may or may not do something about this.
Universal Assembly Representative Report:
- The new Representative will be getting other sectors' contact information from the Universal Assembly's Chief Engineer, David.
Chief of Operations:
- Sign the Psi Phi Log after you pay dues, if there are dues this semester (see below).
- We currently have $136 and some change, safely stored in the Nagus's sock drawer.
- More than $100 is coming in from Amazon.com!
- Because of this, next week we'll vote on whether there will be dues or not this semester.
- The Food and Beverage Committee is looking for new members- come be a part of this elite snack-gathering team! We need you!
- SC Meeting Room 6 is reserved for Psi Phi meetings this semester.
- Next week's meeting will be in the Marty Theater, at 10pm or after the movie, whichever happens later (see below for info on the movie).
- No mail but that of the "junk" variety.
- The Psi Phi-sponsored war movie series will finally happen this semester! On 4 Wednesdays this year in the Marty Theater a quality war movie will be shown. The series consists of: Gettysburg, The Longest Day, Full Metal Jacket, and Starship Troopers. The first will be this coming Wednesday, the 27th, at 7:00pm.
- Ward has discovered that not only is French Vanilla coffee from the vending machine better if there's less water in it, but so is black coffee.
- The position of First Officer may have its term limited, to promote new member involvement and to prevent the bridge jokes from getting stale. We will vote on this next week.
- Highlander, Dark Skies, The Burning Zone, and The Visitor will all be shown at various times on weeknights by the SciFi Channel.
- Fantasy Island was not renewed for another season.
- New episodes are now showing for: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Earth: Final Conflict, Voyager (10:35pm Saturdays ch19/cable8), and DS9 (10pm Sundays ch43/cable 13, starting in Feb).
- B5:Crusade is currently not scheduled for television, but will probably be between March and June.
- The B5 TV movie "Call to Arms" is available on tape from David.
- We should start taping DS9 or Voyager and showing it before the weekly meeting. Any volunteers?
- We will meet in the Student Center Atrium at 10:15pm on Saturday to go watch Voyager at someone's house.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:38pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /