[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 10:08pm by the Captain, Seth Robison.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
There were 7 attendees.
- Meg Callender
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Steven Noto (Communications Officer)
- Joel Oberdieck (First Officer)
- Monica Prorok
- Seth Robison (Captain)
- Ward Ryder
The minutes from the previous meeting were not read.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- The party this year will be held at Ward's place or in the Geisert Basement.
- We WILL have a flyer in the Freshmen Binder this year! We will NOT be labeled a fraternity in the next handbook! (hopefully)
Universal Assembly Representative Report:
- No report. The "next generation" of officers might actually do something with the Assembly.
Chief of Operations:
- The Rules of Netquisition contest will be ending soon and moving into the voting stage. Please enter! There are about 130 entries by now.
- The current balance is $259.03, after an Amazon.com addition.
- The Treasury will be paying for the party in full this year.
- (begin patriotic music) The Captain thanked the whole club for their participation and support, talked about the dedication it takes to be in Psi Phi, talked about preserving science fiction for posterity, mentioned passing on the torch to Joel, said it's been fun, and advocated scifi forever! (end patriotic music with crescendo, applause)
- The equipment for the party is reserved.
- The new DS9's are still on- this week is part 4 of the series finale. David promises explosions this time, for you action fans.
- There will be 2, count them, 2, new Voyagers this week, followed by Earth: Final Conflict.
- Out of respect for the tradgedy in Colorodo, the last new Buffy the Vampire Slayer ep was not shown, and will be delayed for some time, since it featured a school shooting incident.
- Nominations are this week. See below.
- Joel: "C++ must be destroyed at any cost." This is new?
Ward's Vending Machine Coffee Report:
- Instead of buying coffee at the vending machine in the Student Center, you can buy it at Shell for only 50 cents (with prior mug purchase). Their coffee is twice as sweet and syruppy as Bradley coffee.
New Business, Continued:
- Jerry Doyle and Peter Jurasik will become recurring Sliders characters next season.
- TNT is cancelling the daily B5 repeats.
- Andrew Robinson will be writing an "autobiography" of Garak, to be released in the future.
- Crusade (now not B5: Crusade, but just "Crusade") will air on TNT.
- The SciFi Channel will show season 1-3 Sliders eps at 7 and 11 Monday-Thursday.
- JMS won the Bradbury Award for B5.
- Strange New Worlds II is now out.
- The Hugo Award nominees were released: B5: Sleeping in Light; ST: Insurrection; Pleasantville; The Truman Show; and Dark City.
- Captain: Joel nominated.
- First Officer: No one was nominated; this position will be left open for new students, as stated in the motion we never voted on.
- Grand Nagus: Meg nominated.
- Chief of Operations: David nominated.
- Communications Officer: Steven nominated.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:41pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /