[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 9:37pm by the Captain, Paul Mulka.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
There were 8 attendees.
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Paul Mulka (Captain)
- Justin Philbrook
- Seth Robison (First Officer)
- Ward Ryder
- Rich Spiwak
The minutes from the previous meeting
were summarized and approved. Then the pseudo-minutes from the pseudo-meeting which followed a week later were
read and approved (kinda').
- After being rudely interrupted by a committee member's
announcement of Voltron: The Castle of Lions being
this week's movie, the Chairman decided to cool off before
announcing the movie of the week.
- Star Trek: First Contact will
be out on November 22--we'll try to go as a group.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- It is finished.
- Erinn reported that Jay Johnson's T-Shirt has finally been
- Activities Fair: 38 signed; 4 showed up for DS9 on
- In the continuing saga of Robert Ray: He will not
be returning this semester, as had been previously reported.
His loan fell through. Phooey.
Universal Assembly Representative Report:
- Robert Ray will be working with Phoenix College's club to
have them join the Federation.
- Policy has passed.
- Several clubs have contacted us regarding joining the
Federation. They now have applications, which
will be processed as they arrive.
- Questions were answered regarding the Federation. Erinn burst into laughter.
Chief of Operations:
Movie Committee Report, II:
- Dave Willey got his mug. David Henderson received one as well.
- Oops. Computer error caused certain Officers' webpages to disappear. (The Chief's
and the Communications Officer's, to be more precise.) The CommOff
has a printout of his own, so might be able to rebuild it, he hopes.
- Star Trek Movie Info Page--we received
an interesting letter from
a Viacom lawyer. The long and short of it is that we removed the
synopsis and some pictures.
Chief of Operations, Cont'd:
- After cooling off, the Chairman announced that Voltron
would be shown as this week's movie. Another member respectfully
requested to add that it was a specific Voltron, namely,
The Castle of Lions. His request was granted.
- The Psi Phi Psidebar Volume 2 Issue 1 was brought for
comments, with the intent to publish next week.
- A comic strip was suggested as a possible addition.
If anyone draws one, and it's any good, it might
be included. [Rich can draw a building. Ward will
strike Rich. Peter asked how much money he will get.
A quote file was begun. These instances were inserted.]
- After Peter paid, Paul paid (neither robbed the other),
Justin paid, Seth paid, David and Ward were credited, Erinn
technically paid (since the money's in the same place,
anyway), and Rich made a down-payment, the Treasury holds
$40.50. However $18.10 and some yet-to-be-billed-but-under-$3
amount is owed.
- Recovering nicely from assimilation last semester.
- Matt signed the Psi Phi
Log by proxy. Nate personally signed after that.
- There're now 8 members who have paid, arranged to pay, or
"pseudo-paid through reimbursement/credited".
- A new database is being created to help replace the lost
files. The library might have to have resubmissions.
- The Doom book series isn't meeting Seth's expectations.
- Apologizes for not bringing his green folder.
- Officially dissolved the T-Shirt Committee. Thanks, ex-members.
- Thanks, Erinn, for having Ward distribute T-Shirts.
- Quorum is now three Officers and a total of five members.
- SABRC sheet was left in his room.
- CyberDesic--was a
company at Bradley that moved to downtown Peoria. Since they're
no longer readily accessible, nothing will ever come of it.
Therefore, table it and don't read it during the reading of these
- Seth has a shuttlecraft on campus. (A Nissan, if you care. Check
out the Quote File.)
- David: The Office is in Sisson 431 with the MCS. Don't plan on going at night, if you
wish to avoid gaming.
- Ward requested everyone's phone number.
- David: new episodes in our area: DS9 on Oct. 1, Voyager on Sept. 7, and B5 on
Oct. 6 (with something special TBA).
[WYZZ does not appear to be dropping B5.]
- Erinn: MST3K will be on the Sci-Fi channel next semester.
Old taped episodes might be shown, if circumstances allow.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:27pm.
P.S. Strange Luck: everyone involved with it's making
want it back--so it might be back.
P.P.S. UPN "comedy" Homeboys in Outer
Space, with James
Doohan occasionally appearing as the mechanic, will be shown
at 4:30 in the morning on Saturdays.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /